Reading Buddies & Book Clubs
Are you looking for a way to make a meaningful impact in the community? ReadOKC Reading Buddies and Book Clubs offer volunteers the opportunity to be a positive role model for OKCPS students.
- Mentor and read with elementary students.
- Groups meet every week for 30-45 minute session during the school year, excluding holiday breaks.
- Work with the same group of 1-4 students the entire year.
- Mentor and lead reading discussion with middle or high school students.
- Groups meet every week for 30-45 minute sessions during the school year, exclusing holiday breaks.
- Work with the same group of 5-7 students the entire year.
When our students go to Reading Buddies every week, they are filled with excitement. Students partake in different reading activities and build new reading skills. The amount of growth these students have made has been amazing to watch. What has stood out to me is the positive feedback from parents. I have received phone calls from parents saying they have seen growth in their child. I hope this program reaches more schools and more volunteers want to experience such an amazing program.
– Victoria H., Elementary Education Teacher
Volunteering at Ridgeview has been a transformative experience. From struggling with basic words, she blossomed into a confident reader, capable of completing entire books during our sessions. Witnessing her growth and dedication was incredibly rewarding.
– Amber P., ReadOKC Volunteer
Interested in becoming a Reading Buddy or Book Club Volunteer?
Fill out ReadOKC Volunteer Interest Form
Complete the OKCPS District Volunteer Application
After your interest form is received, we will contact you with additional information.
Support our Mission
Make a lasting impact by becoming a Partner or Friend of the Foundation.Learn More